10 Things.by caroline
In the midst of concocting gluten-free cookie recipes and talking about my cats, I realize that sometimes the essence of “me” gets lost in there somewhere. So, I am taking this opportunity to tell you a bit more about my world with these 10 little factoids. Some of them just might surprise you:
1. I’m competitive. OK, I’m really competitive. For example, when I’m out for an evening stroll with Dan and I see another runner, I want to yell, “I already ran today — just so you know!” Or I consider breaking into a sprint just to prove I can do it too. Like they give a shit, right?
2. I swear like a sailor (see #1). I can’t help it. I am fond of most words that make me sound like I lack the intelligence to come up with something better. F**k is my favorite, as are all of his siblings — What the …, -ing hell, and what a stupid ______-er. Sorry if this causes you to judge me.
3. I feed my cats bites of my food … and then, I continue to eat it.
4. I have an outgoing exterior with an inner personality who would rather be snuggled up on the couch, in her sweatpants, reading a book. Dan calls me an “indoor kitty” and it couldn’t be closer to the truth.
5. I eat almost every healthy piece of produce once can imagine, but I can’t stomach tomatoes or pears. Something about the texture makes me want to gag ’em right back up onto my plate. Someone please help me. I need my lycopene and hypo-allergenic fruit.
6. I am fiercely loyal to my family. Seriously. Don’t
fuck mess with them.
7. I was once a weekend nanny on the Upper East Side of New York, and it taught me more about life and working with people than I ever could have imagined.
8. One of my biggest fears is that I will never sit down and write one of the many books I have swirling around in my head.
9. Sometimes I am getting ready to workout and realize I have run out of athletic socks. Then, I notice that the ones from the day before don’t really smell that bad …
10. On a day when everything seems to go wrong, my cats are the only source of comfort I seek. Even more so than encouragement from humanoids.
Of course, that’s only the beginning of what goes on inside this crazy thing I call my life. Did I scare you yet? Hey, that was only a few f-bombs and two mentions of my cats — and you thought I was a crazy cat lady! (So. wrong.)
Happy Friday, everyone! Here’s to admitting we’re only human.