A Yummily, Dirt-ay Super Bowl Snackby thegspot
Anyone else love Chex® Muddy Buddies® as much as we do? When we found out that good ol' Chex were gluten-free and that we could whip up this childhood favorite with a vegan spin, we were S-O-L-D.
And it's just in a nick of time for Super Bowl festivities — you can whip this snack-ity, snack up in no time flat (15 minutes!). Ah, and we also get to introduce to you our ultra-fab, regular feature …. Fakin' It!
Fakin It Chex® Muddy Buddies® (Gluten-free, soy-free and vegan)
- 9 cups of Corn Chex® and Rice Chex® cereal — just divvy it up! (You can also use Chocolate Chex® cereal if you are coco-crazy.)
1cup Enjoy Life semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Soy-Free Naturally "Buttery" Spread
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free powdered sugar
Follow the same directions as indicated in the original recipe, only with your Fakin' It ingredients.
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Makes 18 servings (1/2 cup each)