Get a Move On It.by caroline
Today was an on-the-go kinda day. I had a busy morning, and then we spent the afternoon moving my brother, Luke, into college. (OMG, how is my baby going to college?!)
So, I woke up early and whipped up these bad boys — quick, healthy and easy to pack for a day where you have to get a move on things.
Try ’em out:
Whole Grain Peanut Butter Oat Bars (gluten-free + vegan option)
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3 Tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup Whole Grain Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1/2 cup natural chunky peanut butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey (swap for maple syrup or light agave syrup to make ’em vegan)
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
NOTES: I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish by lining with parchment paper and brushing with safflower oil (on dish and parchment paper).
Measure all ingredients (oats through almond milk) into a medium bowl and stir to combine. Scoop oat mixture into prepared pan, spreading evenly into the pan.
Bake for 15 – 18 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
Snippity snap, just like that. Yummy bars to go! Happy Saturday, cupcakes. ♥