NEW gluten-free luna bars + a giveaway!by caroline
Have you heard the good news, cupcakes? All LUNA Bars are now gluten-free!
That’s right: All of the yummy favorites you enjoyed before becoming a g-f guy or gal, including Caramel Nut Brownie, Chocolate Dipped Coconut, Lemon Zest and even a new flavor –– Chocolate Cupcake! –– are now all safe for your gluten-free tummy to enjoy!
I had the chance to try a few of the newly gluten-free flavors and I have to say my absolute favorites were the Blueberry Bliss and Honey Salted Peanut. I hadn’t even tried these flavors in my pre-celiac disease days (I was an Iced Oatmeal Raisin fiend in college), so I was excited to give them a shot!
So, you might be wondering: “What did LUNA change to make these bars gluten-free?” Good question! That was what I was originally curious to know, too. Here are the deets:
– LUNA swapped their regular oats for certified gluten free oats across all flavors.
– They also changed a few things with individual flavors that did contain gluten. For instance, the Chocolate Peppermint Stick bar was reformulated so that the little cookie pieces are now gluten-free. Same goes for the Smore’s bars, which now contain graham-like pieces that are made from gluten-free flour.
As I was testing the bars, I had the GENIUS idea to pair the Blueberry Bliss with the Honey Salted Peanut and LET ME TELL YOU … it was delicious! I’m fairly sure I created a match made in heaven (you can thank me later, LUNA bars) because my LUNA bar “sandwich” tasted like PB&J! (Full disclosure: I took more than just this one bite. OK, I ate both of the bars in one sitting.)
KEEP IN MIND: If you are looking for the new LUNA bars in the store, then make sure you see the the pink circle on the front of the package – that means they are the gluten-free ones.
Want to hear some stats about the bars (besides the fact that they are delicious)?
– Low glycemic index
– Made with 70% organic ingredients
– NO artificial flavors or synthetic preservatives
– Each bar is under 200 calories!
OK –– ready for the exciting news?! I’m hosting a giveaway for one of you to win a gluten-free sample pack from LUNA Bars!
Here’s how to enter: Giveaway ends 12/24/14 at 11:59 p.m. EST and is open to US residents only. This contest is now closed.
1. Visit LUNA Bars to learn about the new and exciting gluten-free flavors.
2. Come back here and leave comment about the flavor you are most excited to try or which flavor you already can’t live without (you can use the Facebook OR good old-fashioned comment sections)! ** Only one comment entry per person.
Easy peasy, right?
Thank you so much LUNA Bar for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions expressed here are my own.