broc ‘n’ cheeseby sincerelycaroline
1/4 cup gluten-free vegetable broth
2 heads of broccoli (about 3 cups), chopped
2 Tablespoons gluten-free flour
3/4 cup cheese of your choice, cubed (try cheddar, colby or goat cheeses)
1/2 cup 1 percent milk
1/3 cup quinoa flakes (like Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes)
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dry roasted garlic
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon sage
salt and pepper as desired
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(2) Pour vegetable broth in the bottom of a 8″ – 9″ gratin baking dish. Add broccoli to dish.
(3) In a small saucepan, heat flour, 1/3 cup of cheese and milk over low to medium heat, whisking constantly until thickened and there are no lumps. (Stir, stir, stir!) Remove from heat and pour of broccoli in dish.
(4) In a small bowl, combine quinoa flakes, Parmesan cheese, roasted garlic, oregano and sage until thoroughly combined.
(5) Add remaining cheese cubes to top of broccoli and place in oven for 35-40 minutes. Halfway through bake time, stir broccoli dish, then sprinkle quinoa mixture on top. Continue to bake for remainder of cook time, until brown and crispy on top. (NOTE: Broccoli should be able to be easily pierced with a fork Do not overcook.)