butternut squash & toasted pecan salad with goat cheeseby sincerelycaroline
Makes 4 servings
1 lb (approximately 2 cups) butternut squash, cubed
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 cups fresh lettuce greens (e.g. romaine, butter lettuce, etc.)
1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup hemp seed (optional)
Dressing of choice (try this traditional balsamic dressing)
** Note: All ingredients will be divided evenly amongst four salad bowls.
(1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread butternut squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes.
(2) While butternut squash is roasting, divide lettuce evenly amongst four bowls. Set aside.
(3) When butternut squash is finished roasting, set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
(4) Spread pecans on a small baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 6 minutes, then remove from oven. Set aside.
(5) Divide butternut squash, pecans and goat cheese evenly amongst prepared bowls of lettuce. Sprinkle each salad with 1 Tablespoon of hemp seed, if desired.
(6) Drizzle each salad with dressing of choice, including store bought brands or a homemade traditional balsamic dressing.