cinnamon and sugar kettle cornby sincerelycaroline
Makes 3-4 cups
1/3 cup safflower oil
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
sea salt, as desired
cinnamon, as desired
(1) Heat the safflower oil in a large pot over medium heat.
(2) Once the oil is hot, stir in the sugar and popcorn. Cover, and every 30 seconds to 1 minute shake the pot to keep the sugar from burning (be sure protect your hands).
(3) When the popping has slowed down to about once every 2 seconds, remove the pot from the heat, while continuing to shake until the popping has stopped.
(4) Pour the popcorn into a large bowl, and sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.
(5) Let the popcorn cool, stirring occasionally to keep it from clumping.