curried coconut noodlesby sincerelycaroline
12 oz. gluten-free pasta, cooked
2 cans diced tomatoes
1/2 cup light coconut milk
1 cup butternut squash, uncooked and diced
2 medium red potatoes, uncooked and diced
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon red curry paste
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 cup frozen peas
(1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pasta according to package directions. When fully cooked, rinse pasta with cold water, return to pot and set aside.
(2) In a medium saucepan, combine diced tomatoes, coconut milk, butternut squash, potatoes, cumin, sea salt and red curry paste, stirring well to combine. Simmer ingredients over low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
(3) While ingredients are simmering, place almonds on a baking sheet and toast in oven until golden brown (8 to 10 minutes). Remove from oven and set aside.
(4) When sauce has reached end of cook time, add peas and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour sauce over pasta, stirring to combine.
(5) Divide pasta among bowls and garnish with toasted almonds before serving.