m&m cookiesby sincerelycaroline
Makes 24 cookies
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups gum- and gluten-free baking flour mix
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk chocolate M&Ms
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a baking mat.
(2) In a standing mixer or large bowl (using a hand mixer), mix sugars, egg, butter, and vanilla thoroughly.
(3) In a medium bowl, sift flour, salt, and baking soda, then add to wet ingredients. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
(4) Place 1/4 cup of M&Ms in a sealed, sandwich-size bag, lie bag on a cutting board and break into pieces with a kitchen mallet. (Or the bottom of a small pot, like I did. I probably shouldn’t recommend that, but it works!) Fold broken M&M pieces into dough until mixed thoroughly.
(5) Drop dough by the Tablespoon onto cookie sheets. Use remaining M&Ms to slightly push a few candies into the top of each dough ball.
(6) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on the tray for 5-7 minutes, then transfer to a wire baking rack to complete cooking process.