one-dish curried sweet potato, chickpea & kale hashby sincerelycaroline
Makes 4 servings; total time 50 minutes
1 medium sweet potato, diced
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 15-ounce can chickpeas
1 cup diced zucchini
1 cup chopped baby kale
1 Tablespoon yellow curry
1/2 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup vegan and gluten-free sour cream substitute
1/2 Tablespoon minced fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
2 Tablespoons diced cucumbers
pinch of sea salt
(1) Preheat oven 400 degrees. Add sweet potatoes olive oil and sea salt to a large oven-safe skillet or dish, tossing to thoroughly coat sweet potatoes. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time.
(2) While sweet potatoes are baking, mix chickpeas, zucchini, kale, curry, ginger and basil in a medium bowl. Set aside.
(3) Remove pan from oven, using an oven mitt to protect your hands. Add chickpea mixture to the sweet potatoes, stir to combine and place skillet back in oven for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time. (NOTE: Please protect your hands throughout this step — it is easy to unconsciously reach for the skillet handle.)
(4) While mixture is continuing to cook, mix the dressing, adding all ingredients to a medium bowl and stirring until well combined. Set aside.
(5) Remove skillet from oven, drizzling dressing on top. Serve and enjoy!