pecan sandiesby sincerelycaroline
Makes 24 cookies
2 cups brown rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
2 Tablespoons white rice flour
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons gluten-free and vegan butter substitute (like Earth Balance)
1/2 cup vegan granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
(1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 2 baking sheets by lining with parchment paper or baking mats. Set aside.
(2) Combine brown rice flour, potato starch and white rice flour in a medium bowl, then set aside.
(3) Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until combined. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until blended. Fold in pecans and vanilla.
(4) Divide dough in half, and shape each portion into 2 logs (each one will be about 12 inches long). Wrap in parchment paper, and cover and chill in freezer for 1 hour or until firm.
(5) Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick rounds, placing about a 1/2 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool on baking sheets 5 minutes before transferring to wire baking racks to cool completely.