savory sweet potato muffinsby sincerelycaroline
Makes 12 muffins
1/4 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups baby portabella mushrooms, chopped
1 medium baked sweet potato
2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
1/2 Tablespoon honey
3 egg whites
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 cup almond meal flour
2 tablespoons brown rice flour
2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan by lining it with paper cups and set aside.
(2) Heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a medium sauté pan; add garlic and mushrooms, sautéing for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
(3) Combine remaining olive oil, sweet potato, flaxseed meal, honey and egg whites in a food processor, pulsing until smooth.
(4) In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients (quinoa flakes through chili powder). Add sweet potato mixture, stirring until all ingredients are well combined.
(5) Divide batter evenly amongst muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full. Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.