spaghetti squash noodles with puttanesca-style toppingby sincerelycaroline
Here’s the inside scoop on my gluten-free Spaghetti Squash Pasta with Puttanesca-Style Topping as seen on Living Dayton! Check out the video below for a look at the full segment!
makes 4 servings | gluten-free
1 large spaghetti squash
1 cup water
2 cans albacore tuna, drained
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
1 Tablespoon capers, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper, as desired
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Parmesan cheese, as desired (optional)
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
(2) Halve spaghetti squash and remove pulp. Place side by side in a baking dish with cut side facing up.
(3) Pour water around the arranged squash, then bake in oven for 60 minutes.
(4) While squash is baking, combine tuna, tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl, stirring to evenly combine.
(5) Upon removing squash from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes before handling. With fork, scrape flesh of squash to separate into pasta-like strands, placing in large bowl. Discard squash shell.
(6) Divide squash pasta evenly amongst four plates, then top with tuna mixture, again dividing evenly. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired, then serve.