warm cabbage & kale salad with savory mushroomsby sincerelycaroline
makes 4 servings | gluten-free, grain-free & vegetarian
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium shallot, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons diced fresh rosemary
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 medium zucchini, peeled and diced
1/2 purple cabbage, roughly chopped
1/2 green cabbage, roughly chopped
2 cups baby kale
1 cup canned chickpeas
goat cheese, sprinkled on top as desired
traditional balsamic dressing
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon minced garlic or shallot
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme (optional)
(1) Warm olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, sautéing for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
(2) Add rosemary and mushrooms to garlic mixture, cooking for 2-3 minutes. Then, add zucchini and both cabbages, stirring to combine and cooking for an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
(3) While ingredients are cooking, prepare balsamic dressing. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
(4) Evenly disperse kale and chickpeas amongst four bowls or plates. Do the same with the cabbage mixture, topping each kale bed with the warm salad ingredients.
(5) Sprinkle each salad with goat cheese, then drizzle with balsamic dressing. Enjoy!