whole grain peanut butter & banana quick breadby sincerelycaroline
245 grams (about 1-1/2 cups) Whole Grain Gluten-Free Flour Mix
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup natural, unsweetened applesauce
2 overripe bananas, mashed
2 Tablespoons of ground flaxseed meal mixed with 6 Tablespoons warm water
3/4 cup vegan granulated sugar
1/4 cup dairy-free milk (almond, coconut, etc.)
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan by brushing with safflower or canola oil.
(2) In a medium bowl, mix together the whole grain flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt until well combined. Set aside.
(3) Mix together the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
(4) In a standing mixer (or using a hand mixer), “cream” the peanut butter and applesauce until fluffy. Add the flaxseed meal and water combination, then bananas and vegan sugar, mixing until well combined. Slowly add the flour mixture, mixing thoroughly before adding the almond milk. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
(5) Pour batter into prepared pan and bake on lower rack of oven (to keep top of bread from burning) for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (NOTE: If bread begins to brown too quickly, then loosely place a sheet of foil on top for the duration of baking time.)
(6) When finished, remove bread from oven and allow to cool in pan for 25 to 30 minutes. Then, flip bread onto a baking rack, allowing it to completely cool before slicing and serving.