no-equipment-required workoutby caroline
Check out the workout below for Kasey Arena’s top five bodyweight exercises that can be done anywhere and with no equipment! Want to learn more about the lovely lady behind the POWERCAKES blog? Hop on over to my Q&A with Kasey to get the inside scoop!
(1) Burpees: Start standing, bend down & kick the feet out into a plank, bring the feet back in, jump as high as you can (Kasey joked, “and apparently try to look as happy as possible!”)
(2) Planks: Keep arms straight or go onto elbows for a harder challenge. Keep whole body tight while you hold the plank for as long as you can. Keep your body in one straight line & don’t let those hips drop!
(3) Squats: Start standing then sit your hips & butt back like you’re sitting into a chair. Let the knees go a bit outwards while you go a bit below parallel to really get into those glutes! Keep the chest up & dig in with the heels of your feet.
(4) Up & Down Planks: Start in a plank position. Go down onto your elbows, one arm at a time. Once in a low plank, push back up into a straight arm position one arm at a time and continue for multiple reps.
(5) Hip swings: Start in a table top position with a flat line extending from your chest to your knees. Let you hips swing back (controlled movement) while keeping yourself elevated with your hands then push back into a table top position. This will fire up your arms and glutes!
Kasey Arena is a fitness, health and food enthusiast and the creator and voice behind the POWERCAKES blog and website. She has a great passion and enthusiasm for fitness, nutrition, cooking and baking. Kasey prides herself on teaching the importance of proper nutrition combined with fun recipes, the love for fitness, and stresses a healthy personal outlook with her motto, “Be true to you!” Learn more at powercakes.net, or by visiting Kasey on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.