chicken lo mein with squash noodlesby sincerelycaroline
Here’s the inside scoop on my gluten-free Chicken Lo Mein with Squash Noodles as seen on Living Dayton! Check out the video below for a look at the full segment!
makes 2 servings | gluten-free
2 medium yellow squash, peeled and julienned
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
1/2 lb fresh chicken, sliced
6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cups snow peas, halved
1 cups red bell pepper, seeded and cut into matchsticks
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-inch chunk of ginger root, peeled and minced
1/2 cup gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
chopped scallions for topping (optional)
(1) Prepare squash noodles using a julienne peeler (see video for demonstration) and set aside.
(2) Heat olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle sesame seeds evenly in pan, allowing to brown for 1-2 minutes.
(3) Add chicken to pan, stirring continuously for 4-6 minutes until cooked.
(4) Add mushrooms, snow peas and peppers, stirring to combine with chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add garlic, ginger and soy sauce, stirring to combine and cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes, until vegetables have reached desired doneness. Remove from heat.
(5) Stir prepared squash noodles into vegetable mixture.
(6) Divide evenly amongst bowls and serve.