iced pumpkin cookiesby sincerelycaroline
2-1/2 cups whole grain gluten-free flour
1/2 cup gluten-free millet flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed meal + 6 Tablespoons warm water
1/2 cup vegan, gluten-free butter
3/4 cups vegan granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegan brown sugar
1-1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
2 cups vegan confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
1 Tablespoon vegan, gluten-free butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 Tablespoons natural orange juice
Notes:I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Millet Flour and Earth Balance Olive Oil Natural Buttery Spread.
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat, like this. Combine whole grain flour, millet flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves, and set aside.
(2) Combine flaxseed and water in bowl, and set aside.
(3) In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add pumpkin, flaxseed and water mixture, and vanilla, beating until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by spoonful.
(4) Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies for 5 – 6 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack.
(5) While cookies are baking, prepare the glaze by combining confectioners’ sugar, milk, vegan butter, and vanilla. Add orange juice slowly to achieve desired consistency.
(6) When cookies have completely cooled, use a fork or spoon to drizzle glaze on top. Allow glaze to harden; for best results, store cookies in refrigerator.