pumpkin cream cheese gobsby sincerelycaroline
Makes 15 cookie sandwiches
1/2 cup safflower or grapeseed oil
1-1/2 cups organic, vegan granulated sugar
1 cup of puréed pumpkin
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
4 Tablespoons of natural, unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups gum- and gluten-free flour mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 oz. vegan cream cheese substitute
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/4 cup organic agave nectar (or pure maple syrup)
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or baking mat (like this).
(2) In a medium-sized bowl, cream together the safflower oil and sugar (about 1 -2 minutes). Add the pumpkin, flaxseed, applesauce and vanilla, and beat until creamy.
(3) In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Once completed, slowly add the flour mixture to the bowl with pumpkin mixture, and mix until smooth and well combined.
(4) Drop batter by the Tablespoonful onto the lined cookie sheet, about two inches apart. Wet hands and press down on the center of each ball of batter to flatten a little. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
(5) While cookies are baking, combine cream cheese, confectioners sugar and agave in a small bowl until well blended.
(6) Cool cookies completely before spreading cream cheese frosting on the flat side of six cookies and then topping with another cookie.